Friday, January 21, 2005

Best advice EVER!

I received this advise while I was in school and it has helped me in ways I cannot explain. If you really think about it, this simple phrase can shake off all those stupid ideas we have in our heads. Prepare yourself, here it come...

"Take your job seriously not yourself."

Let this sink in. If we would take our life's work more seriously than we take ourselves, insecurities will be slashed by half if not more. No more worrying about what we wear, or how our hair looks. Vanity is not a priority. We will stop staying awake at night wondering if "they" like me or not. We will have fun at church, at school/work, at the DMV!

Now the big kicker is what is your job? What is your life's work? What is the one thing you want to be taking seriously? Is it your family...I suggest you go bigger. How about your area of employment, after all it is your job...but not necessarily your life's work. A sport...you are thinking way too small. Come on now your life's work, what you want to be remebered for. Sit and think about this for a while.

Moral of this story: Seriously, you are your life's work. Make it count for eternity.

No comments: