Friday, September 09, 2005

Chess

I hate chess. Mainly because I cannot play. I probably could learn it and eventually be really good at it. It is such a game of strategy that it hurts my head. Playing with pawns on a checkered board seems too much like a game of power. Maybe it is for those who cannot master power in real life. Maybe it is the only way man can pretend to be God instructing their little wooden universe in a mini battle of good vs. evil. I think there should be a super chess piece added to the existing ones. A piece that can trump the royalty of the board. Wouldn't that be cool? I think this piece may look a lot like lady justice. Blinded but fair and powerful. What would the game look like with justice? What would life look like with justice? Maybe life already has it in some forms? Maybe grace keeps it at bay?

No comments: