Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Crutches

At times everyone needs a crutch. Whether it is from a stumped toe or a incredible fall we still may need crutches. Do crutches necessarily mean weakness? Does it mean we can't handle our situation? No. Most people runaway from crutches. They assume anyone who has them is faulty and permenaently damaged. That is not the case. In most situations crutches are temporary. They are aides that help us get back on our own two feet. They are pieces of wood that give us the ability to stand when it is difficult. A cool thing about crutches is that they are not always two sticks we lean on, they can be other shapes and sizes. I recently had the need to use crutches. My crutches were not asked for but were provided anyway. My crutches came in the form of flesh, blood, and incredible hearts for Christ. When things happen in life and question your purpose, you feel you have come up lame. With a horse you shoot it; but we as humans have another way, we use crutches to aid us in healing. I want to thank my crutches. Those who listened and didn't talk about themselves all the time. Those who helped me understand the purpose God has given me and directed me to fulfill it. Those who reaffirmed me & gave me hard to swallow compliments. Those who validated my calling and leadership when I question if I was even a leader to begin with. THANK YOU. You make an awesome crutches and have made me more open to be a crutch for others lifting them up when they need it. You are a picture of Christ to me.

No comments: